This summer, 24 young women and 24 young men entering Grade 10 high school (or secondary 4 in Quebec) from across Canada will gather in Cornwall, Ontario. Their mission: one week of learning, fun and friendship with a focus on aviation. This all-expenses-paid camp uses hands-on learning to give you the chance to explore exciting careers that will empower you to soar to success after graduation!
|Who can apply:||Teens going into Grade 10 or secondary 4 in September 2019|
|Where:||NAV CENTRE, Cornwall, ON, with day trips to Montreal and Ottawa|
|When:||Young women: July 14-19, 2019
Young men: August 11-16, 2019
|Cost:||No cost to you! It’s paid for by a NAV CANADA bursary, which includes flight, room and board for the week|
| Why:||To inspire you to explore a career in aviation|
INSPIRING YOU TO SOAR TO YOUR FULL POTENTIAL
You’ll have unique and exciting opportunities, such as…
- Learning how Canada’s aviation system works and who makes it work
- Engaging in practice sessions controlling and advising aircraft in industry-leading simulators
- Trying out the tools and technology to keep aircraft flying and safe
- Touring NAV CANADA’s Flight Inspection Aircraft
- Interacting with guest speakers: Air Traffic Services; Technical Operations; Engineering; Leaders
- Taking day trips to Ottawa and Montreal: NAV CANADA tower and area control centre tours; city tours
To learn more about NAV CANADA careers, visit the Careers section of our website.
HOW TO APPLY
Please note, your application must include:
- A completed application form
- An essay explaining why you want to attend Explore Aviation Summer Camp (350 to 500 words)
- A letter of recommendation from a teacher or community leader
The application period closes on March 8, 2019. If you have been selected, we’ll email you during the week of April 8, 2019 to confirm your spot.